Saturday, September 26, 2009

September 26, 2009

Autumn Whispers
Another beautiful day! Autumn is slowly and subtly making her debut, all the while in the guise of summer. This morning I took a long solo walk along the river -- I have become a pedometer convert as of this week and I am trying to do the "ten thousand steps a day" thing-- and although it was warm and humid, there was a hint of coolness near the water and a softly smokey scent on the air.

Cinnamon Dreams
All the while, I was thinking it would be an ideal day to bake cinnamon buns. When I returned to the house after my walk, someone had the local radio station on and it was blasting Neil Young's "Cinnamon Girl"!

My son (he's almost nine -- I can't believe it!) has been asking for cinnamon buns for almost two weeks, and I love baking in the humid warm weather, so the deal was set, the planets aligned etc. These weather conditions naturally duplicate professional proofing oven settings, and I have yielded the best results for me in the past. Today I made three luscious pans o' CB's, and my son, my two young adult daughters (+ their young, male friend, Adam!) have pretty much demolished pan number one! Will post the recipe for you soon -- right now I have to take daughter #2 to a private party bar tending gig she has booked.

No comments:

Post a Comment