Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 8, 2010

Soulful vs. Woeful
This was a day of highs and lows, a roller coaster ride for the emotions. On one hand I had the great privilege of attending a creativity workshop this a.m., and on the other I attended a funeral for a friend's Father. My friend is taking this particularly hard, and for those of us who have lost a loved one, it is so difficult to see their pain and suffering and to be unable to carry that burden for them -- we each have to weather that storm of loss within us, and in a way that personally brings some resolution and peace.

The Balancing Act
In retrospect, I am even more grateful for the creative workshop in the morning hours that sparked the deepest part of me, the real me who strives to be heard and express itself among the hustle and bustle and mundane striving without core purpose. In this way I was bolstered against the storm of sorrowful emotion that I was witness to (but not consumed by) in the afternoon hours.

Three Girls with Three Gifts
My dear friend is one of three sisters and they each sweetly told about the loving and generous nature of their dear Dad, and how he gave them so much in his years with them. Of all of the hundreds of things, they each selected one gift to speak about. My friend spoke of how he taught her to love and to be good to others -- she sobbed and sobbed but her words came genuinely and clearly through her grief. In so doing, she added water to the lovely flower that was her Father's gift. Such fine girls; I was so proud of each of them as they shared so freely -- I am certain they were each viewed as a precious treasure by their Dad :)

Feels like a Friday...
So, it's been quite a day -- inspirational, poignant and joy-filled in spite of the tears. I am SO sapped tonight that the thought of even a short evening walk is just impossible; but I will allow myself a bit of additional rest to face the remainder of the week. (It really feels like tomorrow should be Friday, not Wednesday!) I think my heart and soul aged a few extra days today, but that is not a complaint -- but growing can take the rounds out of us :) Share your gifts this week -- I am going to be much more conscious of my own offerings and will be more mindful of the need to be generous will all whom I encounter. We are capable of doing much more than going through the motions -- our actions can create great goodness xo

No comments:

Post a Comment