Friday, September 4, 2009

September 4, 2009

Poplars, Woodsmoke & Stars!
I am so looking forward camping with "the girls" this weekend! As much as I love spending time with my kids (they inspire and enrich every day, every moment of my life!), there is much to be said about female bonding time such as this. We love our organization, our neatness, our multi-tasking super stardom, our downtime and savouring our food and beverage! It is a time to laugh, to re-charge and to dream.

Here is my recipe for a healthy, easy tuna ball that can be made in advance for an energizing and sustaining weekend (or anytime!) snack. I hope your long weekend is coloured with brilliant memories - mine will be shades of baby blue, molten orange and moss green.

Pam's Tuna Veggie Ball

1 can of chunk white tuna, drained and flaked
3 Tbsp. whole fat mayonnaise
Crushed red chilies, to taste (about 1/2 tsp.)
Dash of coarse ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. dried dill weed
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 Tbsp. sweet green relish
1/4 medium sized red bell pepper, minced
1/4 medium sized red onion, minced
6-8 mini carrots, finely grated
1 rib of celery, minced

*for garnish: 10 pretzels, crushed or 1/4 cup chopped pecans

Combine all ingredients except the pretzels/nuts, mixing well. Chill overnight. At serving time, roll in crushed pretzels or chopped pecans. Serve with your favorite bread, crackers or crudites.

NOTE: I often make this in my food processor when I am in a hurry - saves a lot of time chopping, shredding! This recipe can also be made with canned crabmeat or sockeye salmon for variety. Trying adding in or substituting items with your favourite condiments and vegetables -- i.e sundried tomatoes, mustard pickles...

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ms Prussian Blue!
    I really enjoy your writing - your insights - and how you share the depth of your emotion in your blog. It's not just about nothing - it's about things that really matter to you and that works for me.
    Your first follower

    ReplyDelete