Tuesday, September 8, 2009

September 8, 2009

Clouds in my coffee
It's a bittersweet thing, the first touch of autumn - especially when the days still feel so summery. Damn it! I still want to wear my white leather pumps and high-heeled Crocs -- I like to take my recycling out in my bare feet and not have to wear anything with sleeves!

Long distance loving?
Summer is my first love, my true love - that breathtakingly blue-eyed special someone I searched for and now that I've found that sweet somebody who is my ideal, I don't want to blink, breathe or move! Autumn, on the other hand, is like the loving older sister that makes you cookies and takes you for coffee when your heart's delight gets transferred to New Zealand or some other far off (and sunny) place!

Nourish your body; bolster your ego
Well, as low as you might feel as the days get shorter and your golden amour has less and less warmth to share with you, take care of your body and soul by eating well. Today I am sharing my healthy, energizing Thai Tuna Salad recipe with you - summer will come again and I am sure, once tried, you will enjoy this meal over and over again as well.

Thai Tuna Salad

1 can of chunk white tuna (120 g size), drained
2 Tbsp. full fat mayonnaise
1 tsp. sesame oil
2 cups shredded romaine or other favorite salad greens
crushed, dried chilies, to taste - a sprinkling will suffice
Optional-- a few salted cashews as a garnish

Place the tuna in a small bowl, break up with a fork and gently toss with oil and chilies. Rinse and dry the romaine, tearing it into bite-size chunks. Arrange the romaine in an individual salad bowl or on a medium-size plate. Top with tuna, then mayo and add a few cashews, if desired. Dig in!

Serves one


No comments:

Post a Comment