Saturday, January 1, 2011

Get Your Motor Runnin'

Whew! Made it through another holiday season. Still not 100% healthy, having been knocked to the floor boards by one nasty virus December 23 -- and here I was, so damn proud of being cold and flu free for several years.... well, that old "pride cometh before a fall..." saying definitely applies here ;)

Time to Be - Time for Me?
A couple of sleeps and I'll be back to the rat race - wonder if I will be able to handle the pace??? (excuse the bad rhymes, btw, completely unintended and likely a by-product of my never-ending virus LOL!).

Just mulling over what to do today -- my guitar has been dormant in the corner for a while - still would really like to be able to strum a few tunes by the campfire or at folk fest (I know - dorks r us!). I am also itching to start a new canvas, but not sure of the inspiration -- something abstract or photo-realism or... Also, I do have paint (wall paint!) touch ups to complete in my little dude's bedroom and the chalk paint door panel to start/complete. And... I would like to just get outside and walk or skate -- if only it wasn't freeze-in-your-tracks-deathly-cold!!! Yes, viral girl is officially cooped up :(

Fuelling Creativity and Happiness
I have been reading a bit on health and nutrition - trying to get myself in a good head space for a successful "first quarter" and beyond! Was reading a bit from Dr. Oz -- specifically his green drinks. I am thinking this would be a good way to gulp down my mid-morning veg: spinach, celery, ginger etc... we'll see, I like all of the ingredients. Here is the recipe for you to try - hope it is a nice boost to your first week of the New Year. Just think of the odd looks you'll get from co-workers as you slurp the thick, dark green goo... fun stuff indeed xo!

Dr. Oz's Green Juice

Makes 3-4 servings - Ingredients:
2 cups fresh spinach
1 head of chopped celery
1/2" slice of fresh ginger root
1 bunch parsley
2 apples, cored and coarsely chopped
Juice of one lime
Juice of 1/2 lemon

Method:
Blend 30 seconds, or until smooth. Enjoy -easy to half this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment