Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Dream in Colour!




Had some time today to go through my photos, in between errands and loads of laundry - felt so wonderful to dive into the Tuscan landscape; I could feel the sun and smell the air. I was wishing I had the time to go to my studio and paint today, but that was not the case - the yellows, greens, and coral colours were all calling to me.

Surreal Beauty
When you land in Firenze you are struck by the velvety green folds of the landscape - personally, my breath caught in my throat, it was so amazingly lovely, and a rich loden green unlike anything I have other seen - that is Toscana!
Driving north to Pisa, and then to the coastal city of Livorno, peaches, pinks and brighter yellows used in the buildings brighten the landscape. Here are a few of my favourite photos from my March 2010 trip to that glorious place - hope you will enjoy and feel the Italian sunshine xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment