Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wednesday, December 30

Being the Change!
...Very excited as we approach the cusp of 2010! This has been a challenging year for business -- I hope the coming months see renewed confidence and optimism :) It is frustrating to feel limited by fear and caution -- sometimes I have wondered how long I could tread water, you know? Many days I have felt like a racehorse chomping at the bit and unable to get out of the starting gate!

Eternal Optimists Need Only Apply...
Had a great discussion a couple of days ago with one of my dear sisters -- December 27 was "girls' night" at my Mom's home. Over a delightful dinner of fresh pickerel (Americans know this fish as walleye!) and Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon we talked about our frustration with younger employees being "on the receiving end" but short on the giving side of the equation. Their self-absorption is married with a lack of appreciation and basic manners -- I may be old-school, but I still value the "please and thank you" interchanges! Let us suffice to say that it was a welcome affirmation for me to discover that we shared similar frustrations -- I am not alone with my experience of this workplace phenomenon! LOL!

What's First; What's Waiting?
I feel fortunate to have an employer that is progressive, generous and who shares my values and life vision. In fact we are often finishing one another's sentences and laughing as we mirror behaviours/activities -- two unique minds with a common path of purpose; it is a great blessing. I am both excited beyond belief and anxious beyond my understanding at start of a new calendar year. Our positivity, professionalism, sheer talent and ability AND united front should be more that we need to survive and thrive, but I have worked long enough to know that it isn't always the best or the brightest that get the biggest slice of the profit pie! I can only guarantee that my heart will be 100% my best efforts to blast the 2009 funk and junk to kingdom come, allowing the good stuff to take its place. Bring it on!


No comments:

Post a Comment