Sunday, January 30, 2011

OSOW!!!


OSOW??? Yes, dear friends.... I am Officially Sick Of Winter!!! Despite the beautiful hoar frost, fluffy mounds of glistening snow and the reprieve from pesky insects, winter takes its toll on the human psyche. I dearly wish I could escape the deep freeze! Another 6-8 weeks to tough out... OMG! I am hallucinating about sandy beaches and palm trees...help!

Energy Drain - Endurance Test
Consider all of the extra effort it takes to bundle up to survive the cold each day, dig out your car, shovel walkways, etc. For the first few weeks it is invigorating: "I am this hardy, vigorous Canadian woman!" But after a while it just becomes a hurdle to getting to where you need to go and a robber of energy - energy you need to make a living and to do the things you enjoy!

ROCK Star
For example, on Friday my car got stuck just leaving the work parking lot at lunch hour - I was able to "rock" the car and get out. (For those of you unfamiliar with this technique, you go from forward to reverse rapidly and repeatedly until your car gently bounces out of its entrenched position.)

So, after lunch, I parked on the street, worried that I would have trouble driving out of the big lot after work - I am at the back of the lot, so there is about half a city block to go to reach the exit. There is a 2-hour limit on parking in front of our office building, but I knew we were closing early because of the heavy snow fall. Well, guess who had to get pushed out at quitting time? The snow had filled my wheel wells on the passenger side, and without extra manpower pushing my car (three co-workers!) I would've been there a very long time, digging out with my gloved hands, as my small shovel has "gone missing" from my trunk.

Needless to say - the main roads were like bombardier trails and the side streets were impassable. I had to forgo my Friday workout because I couldn't get there! Crazy & frustrating! Bears have it right - accept the miserable weather, fatten up and sleep 'til April.





No comments:

Post a Comment