Monday, September 14, 2009

September 14, 2009

Colour my day...
I wish I could say my day was tangerine like in the Prince song - I love when Molly Johnson sings that one, by the way :) The truth is that it was a murky grey day for the most part, even though the sun was shining brightly outside my office window. I was very tired today, on the verge of fatigue. You should know that the word "fatigue" to me is an upgrade (or should I say downgrade???) on the whole tiredness theme.

Dressed to kill?
The real kicker was that I was overdressed like some librarian who just got a Beadazzler for her birthday - wearing patent Maryjane's, a tailored burgundy suede skirt, orchid pink tie-neck blouse, over size copper beads a la Wilma Flintstone, and textured tights with coppery glitter - who would've guessed it would soar to 29 degrees --hell I even carried my brown pashmina with me this morning!

Time to chill
Now safely transitioned into brown cotton yoga pants and an ivory tank top, bare toes tickling the soft carpet, I can only wonder why I did not trust the weatherman this a.m. (?).

Inspired to create
Tomorrow we are hosting the last of a series of three meetings at work - we are assisting a local arts group with endowment campaign planning - pro bono stuff. They are a delightful bunch and I am waiting for my second wind to appear so I can make some cookies for their enjoyment.

Chocolate or Oatmeal?
Ah.... decisions, decisions - Mom's Double Chocolate Delights or classic oatmeal and raisin? It's a conundrum... when I finally decide I will post the winning recipe. Until later...




No comments:

Post a Comment