Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 15, 2009

Colour me teal
Another cooker in the city -- this combined with road construction on every route makes for some slow commutes and "interesting" driver behaviours. I cope by making sure I have a full water bottle and good Cd's to tame my temper (in case you don't know me, I am picky, picky and my "hidden talent" is PATIENCE.)

Well I made it home in one piece tonight, ate pizza tops (no crust as I try to curb the carb monster!) plus two rounded teaspoons of my favorite low carb treat -- peanut butter.

Now I am happily out of my work attire, dressed in grey walking shorts and a cute black baby doll top -- looks like I could be preggers, but what the heck, I don't need a bra in this loosey goosey top!

To shop or not to shop...
I am in regrouping mode... I am trying to decide whether I should run to the store for a new Brita filter, colour my roots, call a friend for coffee, or if I should relax and bake some cookies for the kids tonight! Or.... do I have enough jam to do it all!

Cookie questions???
No, I did NOT bake either the Double Chocolate Delight cookies or the oatmeal raisin cookies last night. I went to bed with my youngest child and slept solid until my first alarm at 5:20 a.m. However, while I sort out my next moves, here is the sexier of the two recipes -- if oatmeal raisin = your flannel nightshirt, DCD's are like a bustier and garters! Bake, take a bite with your eyes closed and savour that chocolaty goodness - these really are exceptional. xo xo

Double Chocolate Delight Cookies

1-1/4 cup softened butter
2 cups granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups unsifted all purpose flour
3/4 cup dutch cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups jumbo Chipits (or other favourite chocolate chips!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Cream butter with sugar, beat in eggs, adding vanilla and salt. Combine cocoa, flour and soda in a separate bowl and add gradually to butter mix. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon dough onto aluminum baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes. Watch closely as these burn fast! Finished cookie is soft and brownie like. Yield: 4-5 dozen, depending on size.

1 comment:

  1. When in doubt, always call a friend for coffee (and bring some of those delicious chocolate cookies with you)!

    ReplyDelete